Updates to the LEGO® Ideas Guidelines and House Rules
Today we’ve updated our Guidelines and House Rules to both clarify certain topics and set new limits based on our experience. For starters, we’ve added a new graphic to illustrate the LEGO® Review timeline. There’s now a more detailed view of the rolling qualification deadlines, the Review period itself, and our targeted announcement timeframe. The LEGO Review schedule and deadlines themselves have not changed.
We’ve also made a few updates within our Guidelines and House Rules. Here is a summary:
- There were some typos within section titled, We accept ideas for LEGO construction toys using currently available LEGO bricks, and we’ve made small edits to clean them up. The meaning of the guideline itself does not change.
- Under Keep your project’s contents appropriate sections a. and h., we’ve added the words “campaigns and movements” and “national war memorials,” respectively. While these types of projects haven’t been allowed before, we receive submissions often enough to warrant a specific mention.
- A new guideline addresses an occasional issue we see; people occasionally represent their project as being endorsed by a third party (for example, a license holder) when it is not. Please see the guideline titled: Don’t imply your project is endorsed by others when it isn’t.
- We’ve clarified a reference to “genuine LEGO bricks” to read “genuine, un-cut or modified LEGO® bricks” to eliminate questions around modification of existing LEGO parts in projects.
- From here forward, all projects must contain an original LEGO model to illustrate your project. Believe it or not, before today our Guidelines allowed projects containing only photos of real-world objects, as long as the description mentioned how a LEGO version would be constructed. We want to underscore that LEGO Ideas is about sharing LEGO brick-based product concepts, so we’re closing that loophole.
If you have any direct questions regarding your project as it relates to these Guidelines, feel free to email us at support.ideas@LEGO.com.