Please do help us congratulate him in the comments down below!
- Who are you?
- Where are you from?
Toronto, ON, Canada.
- How old are you?
22 Years Old.
- What do you do for a living?
I have a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design. But my full-time job is YouTube.
- What hobbies do you have?
Besides LEGO, I draw a lot and play videogames. I also watch a lot of TV and movies.
- Do you have a personal LEGO portfolio website that you can share with us?
- Have you created any LEGO MOCs (my own creations) that you’re particularly proud of? What is it, why are you proud it and do you have a photo of it?
I create a lot of custom minifigures series. I have playlists up on the channel of all of them. I’ve created over 70 series totalling over a thousand figures/characters I’ve drawn.
- How and when did your interest for LEGO come about?
I first was introduced to LEGO around the age of 4 or 5.
- What is LEGO for you? What does it mean for you? How does it fit in your life? E.g. build, display, meetups, play the games.. or 'just' watch the cartoons.
LEGO has always been such a big part of my life. It has always been a dream of mine to work at LEGO which is what actually lead me to studying Graphic Design after high school. This was because when choosing my career path I looked into what it would take to become a set designer. Now I’m fortunate enough to live the dream now combing my love of Art, LEGO and YouTube!
- What is your favourite LEGO theme (current or past)? Why? And has any theme inspired your building style or preference in any particular way?
My favourite LEGO theme DC Super Heroes but let’s be honest, it’s just Batman now. Which is actually what got me into Super Heroes and Batman anyways all the way back in 2006. Without the original theme in ‘06 I would never have been introduced to this world which eventually would lead to me creating my name Ash n “FLASH”.
- What is your favourite LEGO element? Why?
Probably the Batman cowl.
About Your Project
- Where did your interest in this particular model come from?
I had first started playing Fall Guys actually on the day the game launched. And it was just so fun and unique that I knew I wanted to create something LEGO related with it.
- How long was the process of making the project did, and what did you have to research as well. What kind of prep, research and design phases did you go through to produce your creation?
I played and streamed a lot of Fall Guys when it first came out. As I kept playing I thought of more and more ways to create the Fall Guys characters in LEGO and even certain elements of the courses. The whole project took under a week to create, because it was all I worked and focused on because I knew how popular this game was.
- How long did it take to complete the model? Did you finish it fairly quickly, or did it take a long time? And how did the build time compare to the time you spent promoting your Product Idea to reach 10,000 supporters?
I think I definitely spent more hours working on the project rather than promoting the project. Most of the support gained was actually from LEGO Ideas and Fall Guys themselves actually sharing the project.
- How did it feel when you reached the magic 10,000 votes and how long did it take?
It had always been a dream of mine to have a project hit 10k. It was such a surreal feeling. The whole experience was just so strange with getting actually acknowledged by the game developers and Fall Guys themselves.
- What is your favourite building technique or part/section that you’ve incorporated into your Product Idea?
My favourite part of the set besides the customizability of the course is definitely the ‘Door Dash’ section. It is a fun level in the game and I’m really proud of how I came up with a way to represent that in LEGO form.
- If you built your model digitally, what software did you use to build and render your model?
I build the project in LEGO Digital Designer and then rendered it in Mecabricks and Bluerender.
- If you used custom stickers or prints for your design, how did you create them or where did you get them?
All of the prints/stickers in the set I created in photoshop and based them off the original source material.
About LEGO Ideas
- What (if any) methods did you use to advertise and attract support to your Product Idea?
I did two videos on my own channel talking about the project. And posted a lot on Instagram and revealed new outfits every time we reached a milestone. But most of the support definitely came from Twitter. Another large source of promoting the project was just people sharing it themselves on places like Twitter and Discord.
- What is your favourite LEGO Ideas Product Idea (besides your own of course)? Are there any Product Ideas you think have been overlooked?
My favourite IDEAS project ever has to probably be Minecraft because I love the game and the project launched a whole theme! But individually I think I really love the TRON Legacy set! I’m still really holding out hope for LEGO the Office. The poor guy has been trying for five years to get that made.
- Do you have plans to submit any other Product Ideas in the future? If yes, can you give us a hint what that might be?
I would love to create more IDEAS projects. I have a lot of ideas but want it to be something really special and something that really means a lot to me.
- 10k club
- 10k club interview
- fall guys