Science, Technology, Engineering and Math! All four of these fields demand innovation, creativity and problem solving. We think that designing the next LEGO Ideas x Target set will also demand these three skills!
And that’s exactly what is up for grabs in this Challenge, the chance at becoming the next LEGO Ideas Fan Designer; by designing a model celebrating STEM.
Your submission should celebrate at least one of the STEM themes but can feature more than one. Or all four!
To get the ball rolling, here are some inspirational suggestions and ideas for each area of STEM:
- Science – Not just experiments and research. Biology, Chemistry, and Physics! The animal kingdom, and the solar system all make up different areas of science.
- Technology – The wheel is technology! Although thousands of years old, this topic doesn’t have to be futuristic.
- Engineering – Although we see engineering as buildings and engines, what about movement? A clever purpose for something.
- Math – Something we all use every day, it fuels all other areas of STEM. But could it inspire a winning model from you?
Your submissions should:
- Not have any IP references.
- Your submission must be entirely new creations. Current or expired Product Ideas will not be accepted.
- Use between 50 and 1,000 LEGO elements in size approximately. At our discretion, we will reject any submissions that we believe to be under or over this brick limit.
A judging panel consisting of members of the LEGO Ideas Review Board and representatives from Target will select all the entries that participate in the Fan Vote.
Just like the ‘What does family mean to you?’ challenge, all entries that reach the Fan Vote phase could be a new LEGO Ideas Product!
For full details on what the judges are looking for, see the ‘Judging’ section of this challenge page.
A maximum of five (5) entries will be part of the fan vote following the judging process.
WHAT IF MY DESIGN IS SELECTED?
- 1% of the total net sales of the product
- 10 complimentary copies of your LEGO Ideas set
- Credit and bio in set materials as the LEGO Ideas Fan Designer
ENTRY DEADLINE: Submit your entry no later than the 17th of October 2023 at 6:00 a.m. EST. If you’re not sure what time zone you’re in, here’s a time zone converter.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Head on over to the challenge page to read the challenge rules and get started! And good luck! If you have any questions drop them in the comments down below.