Imagine if you could help NASA take the next big step into space, and venture to Mars! We have an astronomical prize package up for grabs in our latest LEGO Ideas contest, where we're asking you to build the vehicle that will take mankind from the Moon to Mars out of LEGO! Please use your out-of-this-world imaginations to create something spectacular. NASA are currently working towards returning to the moon, so for some inspiration and information on the mission, take a look here.
Here is Astronaut Mike Massimino, who has been into space twice to service the Hubble Space Telescope, to explain more about the contest:
The Grand Prize winner will get:
- 60224 LEGO City Satellite Service Mission
- 60225 LEGO City Rover Testing Drive
- 60226 LEGO City Mars Research Shuttle
- 60227 LEGO City Lunar Space Station
- 60228 LEGO City Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control
- 60229 LEGO City Rocket Assembly & Transport
- 60230 LEGO City People Pack - Space Research and Develop
- 10266 LEGO Creator Expert Lunar Lander
- 21309 LEGO Ideas NASA Apollo Saturn V
- 31091 LEGO Creator Shuttle Transporter
- LEGO Creator Expert VIP Space Patch
- 40335 Space Rocket Ride (Gift with Purchase)
Submissions are open from today until August 1st, 2019 at 6:00 a.m. EST. Our judges consisting of members of the LEGO space team and NASA, will then review all the entries in accordance to the judging criteria.
How will this work?
Contests have their own rules separate from the LEGO Ideas Guidelines, which are meant for Product Ideas. Contest Rules are found on the Contest page itself.
Questions? Check out our Contest FAQ. Couldn't find your answer there, then ask in the comments below.
What are you waiting for?
Head on over to the contest page to read the contest rules and get started.