This week's 10K Club member, Maxim Bulgakov a.k.a. Ozzyeatingbats, took one of the most iconic cars ever designed and reproduced the challenging, curvy shapes using LEGO bricks! The end result was the gorgeous Jaguar E-Type Roadster.
Help us congratulate Maxim on joining the exclusive LEGO Ideas 10K Club and for sharing his story with us!
- Where are you from?
I am from Togliatti, Russia.
- How old are you?
I am 19 years old.
- What do you study or do for a living?
I am a student at a University of Construction.
- What hobbies do you have?
In my spare time I play guitar, draw and listen to music, in particular Ozzy Osbourne.
- How and when did your interest for LEGO come about?
I started to get into LEGO when I was 5 years old, which was the time I got my first LEGO set. It was a blue dump truck 8415. As for the last set purchased by me – it was the prettiest Lamborghini Gallardo 8169. In 2013 I found out about Lego Digital Designer and plunged into it.
- What is your favourite official LEGO set? Why?
My favourite LEGO set ever is 8043 – the Excavator. It was a modest model with a lot of functions. And probably Ferrari 599 GTB 8145 just because it’s the prettiest thing ever.
- What is your favourite LEGO element? Why?
Can't say which brick is my favorite. Every element can be usable or even indispensable.
- Is there a LEGO designer (official LEGO designer or fan designer) who you are inspired by and look up to? Who and why?
Flickr user Dunkleosteus_LDD. He makes unique and beautiful models and he also advised me to create this Jaguar.
About Your Project
- Where did your interest in this particular model come from?
As I mentioned above, my friend Dunkleosteus_LDD gave me advice to build this car out of LEGO bricks. For me it’s one of the most majestic and exquisite car designs ever.
- What special challenges did you face creating the model? What was the most difficult part to recreate?
It was like a bunch of things. This car is nuts in terms of implementation of all these elegant lines and stuff. It was equally difficult to recreate an exact copy of the real suspension and other insides.
- How long did it take to complete the model?
In total it was a year since I started my project. Spend a month literally to get to the first version and then a lot of time to finalize this thing.
- How did it feel when you reached the magic 10,000 votes and how long did it take?
10,000 votes – it’s so much! I’m so happy knowing that an army of LEGO lovers have supported my humble project. One year and a month – and now I’m a bit embarrassed and very happy.
- Approximately how many LEGO bricks did you use to create your model?
Started with 1600 bricks, now I got to 1944.
About LEGO Ideas
- Do you have any useful advice about creating a successful LEGO Ideas project?
Should say to all those who want to post their model on LEGO ideas – be patient. And don’t worry about your success, just be yourself and let it flow.
- lego ideas
- 10k club
- maxim bulgakov