From one Marvel fan to the next. This week's 10K Club member shares this passion with Ryan Rydalch, our 10K Club member from last week. Please welcome Raymond Chow, a.k.a Raychow, whose Hulkbuster UCS project won the hearts of 10,000 loyal supporters. Raymond's success ratio is impressive as well, given this was his first project submitted to LEGO Ideas.
Please help us congratulate Raymond on becoming a part of the exclusive LEGO Ideas 10K Club!
- Where are you from?
I come from Hong Kong.
- How old are you?
- What do you study or do for a living?
- What hobbies do you have?
Guitar, LEGO, badminton and taking care of my baby.
- How and when did your interest for LEGO come about?
I remember I had few small Classic Space sets when I was around 10 years old. I always liked to mix the parts to create unique looks. I think those sets were probably given to me as a Christmas or Chinese New Year gift.
- What is your favourite official LEGO set? Why?
My favourite official LEGO set is the 10182 Café Corner because it is just so amazing and the building experience is unspeakable. I cannot afford to buy a brand new one from second-hand market, instead I built a double sized Café Corner by purchasing all the parts from Bricklink, which cost me nearly HKD 15,000.
- What is your favourite LEGO element? Why?
My favourite LEGO element is the minifigure because they bring life to all LEGO sets.
- Is there one or more particular LEGO related websites (not official LEGO websites) that you visit often and/or are inspired by?
Bricklink and Brickset.
About Your Project
- Where did your interest in this particular model come from?
I’ve always liked Japanese comics and all Marvel movies. The idea really came from the movie Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- What special challenges did you face creating the model? What was the most difficult part to recreate?
The challenges mainly came from insufficient LEGO parts. Sometimes I had an idea but I didn’t have those parts or colors. Regarding the model itself, the most difficult part was the body. I first built the body, which took me nearly 1 week to finalize.
- How long did it take to complete the model?
It took around 3-4 weeks to complete the model. It took such a long time as sometimes I need to source the parts from internet or a local retail shop.
- How did it feel when you reached the magic 10,000 votes?
I feel proud of myself, as it is one of my major achievements in my life. The project took 1.5 years to get 10,000 votes.
- Approximately how many LEGO bricks did you use to create your model?
I think I use around 500-800 bricks.
About LEGO Ideas
- Do you have any useful advice about creating a successful LEGO Ideas project?
I think that even if there were only one person that liked your project, I would consider it is a successful project. Just compete with yourselves and try to be more successful with your next project.
- What is your favourite LEGO Ideas project (besides your own of course)?
My favourite LEGO Ideas project would be 21303 Wall.E.
- What is it about the platform that attracts you? What tips would you give to anyone who is thinking about uploading an idea?
The platform attracts me because it allows all people on earth to share their LEGO MOCs in a very systematic way. If someone wants to upload an idea, I would suggest them to use a better camera to take photos. It will make your idea shine if you do.
- lego ideas
- 10k club
- raymond chow
- hulkbuster ucs