Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
“There stood a tower of marvellous shape. It was fashioned by the builders of old, who smoothed the Ring of Isengard, and yet it seemed a thing not made by the craft of Men, but riven from the bones of the earth in the ancient torment of the hills.” - J.R.R. Tolkien in The Lord of the Rings
What is Orthanc?
Orthanc is a fictional tower from the book Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, which is also displayed in the film adaptation directed by Peter Jackson. It is located in the center of Isengard and is the stronghold of Saruman, the white wizard. He later sides with Sauron and uses Isengard to make orcs to assist Sauron.
About the Build
This is built about the same scale as the Minas Tirith build I have submitted. It contains about 420 pieces, in black and gray. I tried to copy the detail of Orthanc using various pieces, and even built the steps going into the building.
The biggest challenges were creating the 4 blade-like spires on top, and designing a round base.
- This is possible to build, I tested many of the techniques with physical prototypes, although I was unable to line up a few things digitally, so some minor things may seem slightly overlapped.
- I am not sure if all pieces are available in the colors used, since I built this digitally.
- Be sure to check out my other microscale creations, Japanese Garden Paperweight and
Thanks for looking,