Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
May I introduce myself? My name is Thomas.
I'm sure most of you have already recognised me, despite those rather awful and embarrassing red wheels.
Everyone around the globe, young and old, knows and loves Thomas the Tank Engine, created by Wilbert and Christopher Awdry. He even got his own TV series and films. Need I say more? Thomas is a great toy, and there is no greater praise!
My humble self (the Lego incarnation) started out as pure practice for what my dear builder affectionately calls advanced building techniques. Only from time to time, when he was stuck with his oh-so-important big steam locomotive (a huge, rude, pompous fellow if you ask me), he would return to me to disrespectfully disassemble this, change that or just to play around.
I once stopped talking to him for six months after he used one of his workarounds to finish my face and apologised for the disaster by blaming it on an innocent missing part (which wasn't even there at the time).
All in all, he really tried hard and even made progress on rare occasions.
So here I am:
- powered up, motorised and with full lighting: headlights, rear lights and crew compartment lights. When kindly requested by the powered up app, this includes a nice fire flickering in my firebox (hub lighting). Just press the golden whistles to switch me on!
- built only from standard Lego pieces, including all windows, my fancy red stripes and of course the well-deserved yellow number 1. I am free of any stickers or prints. (My dear builder asked me to mention this. What would I need any stickers for? I don't know. I will never fully understand this human being).
- very, very fast on standard Lego tracks by combining a regular Lego train motor with big steam locomotive wheels. I have to hold back at the curves.
- able to quickly (with 2 clicks) transform into my E2 class alter ego of the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway. My rear magnetic coupling can be replaced with a more realistic link coupling. My face can be replaced with an authentic smokebox. (My dear builder assured me that nobody would choose the last option, at least not permanently, and I decided to trust him on that one).
Of course, my dear builder never intended for me to go on stage. I even had to beg him, and you'll never guess what convinced him in the end. It had nothing to do with the fact that the original me is a world-class celebrity. As it turns out, the missing blue wheels (as well as some other dark azure Lego pieces that are not yet available) bother him almost as much as they bother me.
So, all it takes is 10.000 votes!
Please press the support button and give me back my blue wheels ... and my dignity!
Thank you in advance!