Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Whether you have seen the Goodyear blimp at your favorite NASCAR, American football, or Olympics, it's one of the most famous iconic brands today. This specific class of Goodyear Blimps, the GZ-20, was in service between 1969 and March of 2017. There were 3 blimps built, all 3 had been re-named different names throughout their lifespan. The Spirit of Innovation was the last GZ-20 to be retired, they also hold a world record for having the longest lifespan of any blimp. As of now, Goodyear now using zeppelins as their airships. The first blimp was the Pilgrim, which was launched in 1925, and was the one to start off the iconic Blimps.
The specs include:
- Crew: One pilot
- Capacity: 6 passengers
- Length: 192 ft 6 in (58.67 m)
- Diameter: 45 ft 11 in (14.00 m)
- Width: 50 ft 0 in (15.24 m)
- Height: 59 ft 6 in (18.14 m)
- Volume: 202,700 ft3 (5,380 m3)
- Empty weight: 9,375 lb (4,252 kg)
- Gross weight: 12,840 lb (5,824 kg)
- Powerplant: 2 × Continental IO-360-D, 210 hp (157 kW) each
- Maximum speed: 50 mph (80 km/h)
- Endurance: 23 hours
- Service ceiling: 7,500 ft (2,285 m)
- Rate of climb: 2,400 ft/min (12.2 m/s
Lego Model Specs:
- Pieces: 492
- Units metric:
- Width: 46.8 cm
- Length: 9.6 cm
- Height: 10.5 cm
- Units inches:
- Width: 18.4 inches
- Length: 3.8 inches
- Height: 4.1 inches
- Weight (oz): 21.320
- Weight (grams): 604.4
It was sad to see the last deflation of an American icon, but Goodyear looks to the future with their new zeppelins, which not only out preform the blimps in all category's, but also interesting to see what Goodyear does next. I hope you liked my first project and hope to see more in the future.