The winners have been chosen! Thank you for participating and making this challenge great.
What does Family mean to you? Family is hugely important to all of us, but could you show off exactly what that means to you with some LEGO bricks?
We’d love to see games you play together, holidays you’ve been on, and memories that will last a lifetime. Regardless of what family means to you, we want to see it brought to life using little plastic bricks!
The best set will have its chance at becoming a LEGO Ideas set!
A judging panel consisting of members of the LEGO Ideas Review Board and representatives from Target will select all the entries that participate in the Fan Vote.
Excitingly, just like the ‘We Love Sports’ and ‘Music to our Ears’ contest, all entries that reach the Fan Vote phase could be a new LEGO Ideas Product in collaboration with Target!
For full details on what they’re looking for, see the ‘Judging’ section of this contest page.
The number of entries that will be part of the fan vote will be determined as part of the judging process.
The winning entry in the fan vote will be compensated as a Product Idea prize winner as outlined in the Product Idea guidelines and Terms of Service. Meaning they will receive the following:
- 1% of the total net sales of the product
- 10 complimentary copies of your LEGO Ideas set
- Credit and bio in set materials as the LEGO Ideas Fan Designer
ENTRY DEADLINE: Submit your entry no later than September 28th, 2022 at 6:00 a.m. EST. If you’re not sure what time zone you’re in, here’s a time zone converter.
How it Works
The contest will consist of 3 phases:
- Submission Phase - Build and submit your entry before September 28th, 2022 at 6:00 a.m. EST. We recommend submitting your entry 3-5 days before the deadline in the event we have to return it to you for changes.
- Judging Phase – Our judges review the entries and choose the entries for a fan vote.
- Voting Phase – LEGO Ideas members will then have the opportunity to vote once, for their favorite entry from 12th October 2022 to 26th October 2022.
- Winners Announcement - We share the winner and who the next Fan Designer is here on LEGO Ideas on December 7th!
How to Enter:
- Submissions may be in either physical bricks or by using a digital building tool such as Bricklink’s Studio. You’re welcome to use image editing tools, such as Photoshop, to create your images.
- Take up to five photos of your creation and submit them to the contest. Make sure to show off all angles and any features or functions of your creation.
- Add a title and short description.
- Upload your entry to the contest using the blue Submit Your Entry button on this page.
This contest will follow the LEGO Ideas Product Ideas Guidelines with minor exceptions or additions to these.
Therefore, make sure you read our Product Ideas guidelines thoroughly to make sure your entry can be approved and is eligible for the contest and review.
Additions or exceptions to the Product Idea guidelines:
- Submissions must be between 50 and 3000 LEGO elements in size approximately. At our discretion, we will reject any submissions that we believe to be under or over this brick limit.
- Entries must be new creations and not previously posted online or submitted to any other contest. Submissions to LEGO Ideas previously may be re-submitted.
- You are allowed to use any official LEGO element (LEGO System, LEGO DUPLO, LEGO TECHNIC/Constraction) in your entry. The LEGO elements must be genuine (not cut, glued, or otherwise modified). Please be aware that using very old elements that may not exist anymore, and which are crucial to your model, may reduce the chance of your model’s potentials success in becoming an official LEGO Ideas set as the element moulds may not exist anymore.
- References to intellectual properties in your submissions will not be accepted. Your entries must be original ideas and designs, meaning we don’t allow submissions based on famous buildings, computer games, vehicles, and much more.
Entry Quality Standards
- You may submit digital entries using Bricklink’s Studio, which is free of charge to download. You are also welcome to create digital entries using third-party LEGO CAD software.
- You may use photo editing software and add visual effects to photos of your entry.
- Entries containing photos that are too dark or blurry will be removed from the contest. To ensure easy judging of your entry, we recommend taking pictures on a neutral background free from background clutter, with your model well framed.
- Please do not include people in pictures you submit. Photos containing people will be removed.
- Please do not overlay any text or logos onto your submitted images.
- Entries containing defamatory or degrading elements will not be eligible for the contest.
- Any cheating or harassment of other participants will result in disqualification from the contest.
- Your contest entries and comments on contest entries must follow the complete LEGO Ideas House Rules.
In order to get your submission approved, your submission must include the following:
- A title*
- Photos of your build
- Your photos and video should be in a: 1:1 aspect ratio/format. Photos and videos that are taller than they are wide will not be accepted.
- A description*
- Entries may have tags, if you wish.
* - Submissions should have correct capitalization and not have any spelling mistakes.
A panel of judges consisting of members of the LEGO Ideas team will select a number of entries that will participate in the fan vote and the Product Idea Review phase.
Judging for the Fan Vote will be based on:
- Overall coolness and originality: 25%
- Most inspired details: 25%
- Relevance to contest theme: 25%
- Best use of LEGO elements: 25%
The Fine Print
- You must be at least 13 years of age to participate and enter.
- You may submit multiple entries to the contest.
- At the point an entry is selected to be turned into a LEGO Ideas set, the winning fan will be contacted in advance of the public winner announcement via their email address associated with their LEGO Ideas account. They will need to fill out a necessary non-disclosure agreement and copyright assignment agreement documentation.
- The contest’s fan vote phase is not open to residents of Iran, North Korea, Myanmar/Burma, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Syria, Russia, or any other U.S. sanctioned country and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- By entering the contest, you agree to follow the rules on this Contest Brief page and you agree to the LEGO Ideas Terms of Service.
- This contest is offered, organized and run solely by the LEGO Group. Participants should direct all queries and matters relating to the contest to LEGO Ideas.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, see the Contest FAQ.