The winners have been chosen! Thank you for participating in this contest. We've been blown away by all the amazing creations!
Look out! Here’s your chance to turn The Home of the Brick into the home of your personal creation, as the winners of this contest will get their model showcased in the LEGO House for an entire year. LEGO House is looking for creative, fun builds that will blow the minds of the many people visiting the LEGO House in Billund, Denmark.
We challenge you to build within one of the following categories:
Alternative nature builds: show us your take on a nature build with an alternative twist, such as a humanised flower, a sci-fi plant or a genetically modified insect
Fun Minifigure vignette scenes: show off your LEGO humor in a fun Minifigure vignette scene, that will crack people up
A minimum of 25 winners across the two categories will each get a signed 40366 LEGO House Dinasours as well as the opportunity to have their model exhibited at the LEGO House for a year, including a personalized LEGO brick with name and country of the builder to accompany the model.
NB: all costs for shipping the model to be provided by The LEGO Group.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Submit your entry no later than June 6th, 2019 at 6:00 a.m. EST. If you’re not sure what time zone you’re in, here’s a time zone converter.
How it Works
The contest will consist of 3 phases:
- Submission Phase - Build and submit your entry before June 6th, 2019 at 6:00 a.m. EST. We recommend submitting your entry 2-3 days before the deadline in the event we have to return it to you for changes.
- Judging Phase - Our judges review the entries and choose the winners by June 13th,2019.
- Winners Announcement - We share the Grand Prize winner and two Runner Up winners here on LEGO Ideas no later than July 3rd, 2019!
How to Enter
- Submissions may be in either physical bricks or by using a digital building tool such as LEGO Digital Designer. You’re welcome to use image editing tools, such as Photoshop, to enhance your photos/presentation. If you submit a digital entry, you must make sure that you are able to build your entry in physical bricks in case your build is selected to be exhibited in the LEGO House
- Take up to five photos of your creation and submit them to the contest. Make sure to show off all angles and any features or functions of your creation. Please submit your photos in as high a resolution as possible so that we can see all the details clearly. If possible, the shortest edge should be at least 1080 pixels.
- Add a title and short description.
- Upload your entry to the contest using the blue Submit Your Entry button on this page.
Acceptable Entry Content
- You should build within one of the two categories following below size requirements, making sure your build fits into the exhibition:
- Nature build: Make sure your model’s base is between 4x4 studs - 64 x 32 studs in total and the model is no more than 60 bricks high. No parts of your model can overhang 64x32 studs, although you can have different parts overhanging if you have a smaller baseplate.
- Minifigure vignette scene: make sure the baseplate is between 16x8 studs – 64x32 studs and the model is no more than 60 bricks high. No parts of your model can overhang 64x32 studs, although you can have different parts overhanging if you have a smaller baseplate.
- Please include the first word of the category in the title of your entry, e.g. “Nature: xxx” or “Minifigure: xxx”
- You must be the original creator of all creative work you submit (the model, images, photographs, description text, etc.) and you must have the exclusive right to submit your model to this LEGO Ideas Contest. You may not submit a model or any other content made by, or on behalf of, someone else.
- Entries must be new creations and not previously posted online or submitted to any other contest.
- You are allowed to use any official LEGO element (LEGO System, LEGO DUPLO, LEGO TECHNIC/Constraction) in your entry. The LEGO elements must be genuine (not cut, glued, or otherwise modified).
- Entries should not contain copies or references to any other existing third-party work or creation or infringements of any third-party intellectual property right.
- You may use Minifigures in your entry. Please only use generic LEGO Minifigures that do not use any third party intellectual property
- Contest entries related to the topics below do not fit our brand values and will not be approved for publication on LEGO Ideas:
- Politics and political symbols, campaigns, or movements
- Religious references including symbols, buildings, or people
- Sex, nudity, drugs, or smoking
- Alcohol in any present-day situation
- Swearing or profanity
- Death, killing, blood, terrorism, horror, or torture
- First-person shooter video games
- Warfare or war vehicles in any modern or present-day situation, or national war memorials
- Large or human-scale weapons or weapon replicas of any kind, including swords, knives, guns, sci-fi or fantasy blasters, etc.
- Racism, bullying, or cruelty to real life animals
Entry Quality Standards
- You may submit digital entries using LEGO Digital Designer, which is available for download via this link free of charge. Any entries made in LEGO Digital Designer should not show the baseplate from build mode. You may also create digital entries using third-party LEGO CAD software such as Studio or Mecabricks.
- You may use photo editing software, such as Photoshop, to enhance your entry’s presentation. Entries containing photos that are too dark or blurry will not be approved.
- To ensure easy judging of your entry, we recommend taking pictures on a neutral background free from background clutter, with your model well framed.
- Please do not include people or limbs in pictures you submit. Also, please don't include any text or logos in your photos. Photos containing such will be removed.
- Entries containing defamatory or degrading elements will not be eligible for the contest.
- Any cheating or harassment of other participants will result in disqualification from the contest.
- Your contest entries and comments on contest entries must follow the complete LEGO Ideas House Rules.
A panel of judges consisting of members of the LEGO House team will choose a minimum of 25 winners (depending on the number of entries) based on:
- Overall coolness and originality: 25%
- Most inspired details: 25%
- Relevance to contest theme: 25%
- Best use of LEGO elements: 25%
The Fine Print
- You must be at least 13 years of age to participate and enter.
- You may submit multiple entries to the contest and there is a possibility that more than one of your entries are selected to be exhibited at the LEGO House, however you will only receive one signed 40366 LEGO House Dinosaurs set regardless of how many of your entries are selected as winners.
- Winners will be contacted on the email address associated with their LEGO ID account after June 13th, 2019. Winners will be announced on LEGO Ideas when all winners have returned the signed Winner’s Certification Documents. A winner who does not return their Winner’s Certification Document within one week (5 days) of receiving it will be disqualified, and a new winner will be selected.
- This contest is not open to residents of Iran, North Korea, Myanmar/Burma, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Syria, any other U.S. sanctioned country and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- By entering the contest, you agree to follow the rules on this Contest Brief page and you agree to the LEGO Ideas Terms of Service.
- This contest is offered, organized and run solely by the LEGO Group. Participants should direct all queries and matters relating to the contest to LEGO Ideas.
A minimum of 25 winners across the two categories will each get:
- The opportunity to have their model exhibited at the LEGO House for a year, including a personalized LEGO brick with name and country of the builder to accompany the model.
- A signed 40366 LEGO House Dinosaurs set
NB: all costs for shipping the model to be provided by The LEGO Group.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, see the Contests Beta FAQ.