In late 2018, we will celebrate a decade of Crowdsourcing – 10 years since the Japanese launch of LEGO CUUSOO! To prepare for the celebration, we invite you to this very special contest.
We want you to build your own version of the LEGO Ideas logo! Take our existing logo and make it your own, or change it completely. How can you embody the spirit of LEGO Ideas in a re-imagined logo, built with LEGO bricks? The best entries will be featured on the LEGO Ideas Facebook page to celebrate the anniversary, and the best of the best could win some very cool prizes.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Submit your entry no later than December 15, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. EST. If you’re not sure what time zone you’re in, here’s a time zone converter.
How it Works
The contest has three phases:
- Submission - Build and submit your entries before December 15, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. EST.
- Judging - Our judges review the entries and choose the winners.
- Winners Announcement - We share the winners here on LEGO Ideas!
How to Enter:
- Build your version of the LEGO Ideas logo using LEGO Bricks or a digital building tool like LEGO Digital Designer.
- Take up to five photos of your creation and submit them to the contest Make sure to show off all angles of your creation.
- Add a title and short description.
- Upload your entry to the contest using the blue Submit Your Entry button on this page.
Acceptable Entry Content
- This contest invites you to build the LEGO Ideas logo, however, please do not build the red LEGO logo or include the LEGO logo in your entry.
- Entries with military themes will not be eligible for the contest.
- Projects may only contain genuine (not cut, glued, drawn on, or modified) LEGO® bricks.
- You must be the original creator of all creative work you submit (the model, images, photographs, description text, etc.) and you must have the exclusive right to submit your model to this contest. You may not submit a model made by, or on behalf of, someone else.
- Your entry may not consist of or include copies of any existing third party work or creation, and may not infringe on any third party intellectual property right. This includes third-party LEGO licenses (past or present) such as Star Wars, Harry Potter, WALL-E, Doctor Who, Minecraft, NASA properties, etc.
- You may use common LEGO elements from licensed products, but you may not use any parts specific to those sets. This includes printed parts, Minifigures, Minifigure parts, or Minifigure accessories.
- You may use any element from homegrown LEGO products or playthemes, such as LEGO Creator, LEGO City, Exo-Suit, Old Fishing Store, etc.
- Entries must be new creations and not previously posted online or submitted to any other contest.
Entry Quality Standards
- Entries containing photos that are too dark or blurry will be removed from the contest. To ensure easy judging of your entry, we recommend taking pictures on a neutral background free from background clutter, with your model well framed.
- You may use photo editing software and add visual effects to photos of your entry.
- You may submit digital entries using LEGO Digital Designer, which is available for download via this link free of charge. You may also create digital entries using third-party LEGO CAD software.
- Please do not include people in pictures you submit. Photos containing people will be removed.
- Entries containing defamatory or degrading elements will not be eligible for the contest.
- Any cheating or harassment of other participants will result in disqualification from the contest.
- Your contest entries and comments on contest entries must follow the complete LEGO Ideas House Rules.
A panel of judges including members of the LEGO Ideas team and LEGO product designers will a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner based on:
- Overall coolness and originality: 25%
- Most inspired details: 25%
- Relevance to contest theme of LEGO Ideas: 25%
- Best use of LEGO elements: 25%
The Fine Print
- You must be at least 13 years of age to participate and enter.
- You may submit multiple entries to the contest, but only one entry per person will be considered when winners are selected. This means you cannot win multiple prizes with multiple entries.
- Winners will be contacted on the email address associated with their LEGO ID account after December 18, 2017. Winners will be announced on LEGO Ideas when all winners have returned the signed Winner’s Certification Documents. A winner who does not return their Winner’s Certification Document within 5 days of receiving it will be disqualified, and a new winner will be selected.
- The contest is not open to residents of Iran, North Korea, Myanmar/Burma, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Syria, any other U.S. sanctioned country and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- By entering the contest, you agree to follow the rules on this Contest Brief page and you agree to the LEGO Ideas Terms of Service.
The current LEGO Ideas assortment including: 21306 Yellow Submarine, 21307 Caterham Super Seven, 21308 Adventure Time, 21309 LEGO® NASA Apollo Saturn V, 21310 Old Fishing Store, all signed by their respective LEGO designers, and 21312 Women of NASA, signed by the LEGO designer and fan designer.
Two Runners Up each receive:
21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V signed by the LEGO designers, and 21312 Women of NASA, signed by both the LEGO designer and the fan designer.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, see the Contests Beta FAQ.