We’re looking for the next exclusive LEGO Gift with Purchase set, for our LEGO Stores, LEGOLAND, LEGOLAND Discovery Centers as well as Shop.LEGO.com. We need your help. Show us your best small and mid-sized space designs in this contest and your entry has the opportunity to be adapted into a Gift with Purchase set in 2019!
We invite you to show us your LEGO moment in space! Use your imagination to create the ultimate space model – make it as sci-fi or realistic as you wish, just stay within a base of 16 x 16 studs. One lucky winner has the chance to have their entry transformed into a new Gift with Purchase set, and will win a collection of past exclusive Gift with Purchase sets!
ENTRY DEADLINE: Submit your entry no later than February 9, 2018 at 6:00 a.m. EST. If you’re not sure what time zone you’re in, here’s a time zone converter.
How it Works
The contest will consist of 3 phases:
- Submission Phase - Build and submit your entry before February 9th, 2018 at 6:00 a.m. EST.
- Voting Phase – Rally your friends to vote for your entry before February 19th, 2018 at 6:00 a.m. EST. The top 25 entries will be advanced to the Judging phase.
- Judging Phase – Our judges review the entries and choose the winners.
- Winners Announcement - We share the grand prize winner and ten runner up winners here on LEGO Ideas!
How to Enter:
- Build your favorite LEGO moment in space using LEGO bricks or a digital building tool like LEGO Digital Designer.
- Take up to five photos of your creation and submit them to the contest. Make sure to show off all angles and any features or functions of your creation.
- Add a title and short description.
- Upload your entry to the contest using the blue Submit Your Entry button on this page.
Acceptable Entry Content
- Entries should be able to fit on a 16 x 16 stud LEGO baseplate. While some elements can overhang, the base of your model should not extend this measurement. There are no formal height restrictions or size minimums, however your model should fit in a smaller LEGO box, and be around 300 pieces. Please refer to previous Gift with Purchase sets such as 40252 VW Mini Beetle, 40251 Mini Piggy Bank, 40253 Christmas Build Up 2017, 40254 Nutcracker, 30611 May the 4th 2017, 30607 Super Heroes Excl. GWP 17, 40220 London Bus, 40221 Fountain, 40222 Christmas Build-up or 40223 Snowglobe for an idea on what size model to build. Extremely large models will not be approved.
- Entries must only contain basic LEGO elements, such as elements from LEGO City, LEGO Collectable Minifigures, and LEGO Creator. Common parts from sets such as LEGO Star Wars, the LEGO Movie, or LEGO NINJAGO may be used, but any parts specific to sets outside of LEGO Classic, LEGO Collectable Minifigures, LEGO Creator (such as printed parts or Minifigure Accessories) are not allowed in this contest.
- If you wish to use stickers, only LEGO-made stickers are allowed in your entry.
- There is no guarantee that the winning entry will be adapted into a Gift with Purchase set, only that the grand prize winner will have the opportunity to have their entry adapted. Only our LEGO Designers can decide if this is a possibility after reviewing all entries.
- If you win and your entry can be adapted into a set, a LEGO designer will consult with you regarding your model. Your model may be altered to fit LEGO design standards and any Minifigures in your entry might be changed or removed depending on current piece availability.
- Entries consisting of or containing copies of any existing third-party work or creation, or infringements of any third party intellectual property right will not be eligible for the contest (this includes references to Intellectual Property such as Star Wars or NASA).
- Projects may only contain genuine (not cut, glued, drawn on, or modified) LEGO® bricks.
- You must be the original creator of all creative work you submit (the model, images, photographs, description text, etc.) and you must have the exclusive right to submit your model to this LEGO Ideas Contest. You may not submit a model made by, or on behalf of, someone else.
- Entries must be new creations and not previously posted online or submitted to any other contest.
Entry Quality Standards
- You may submit digital entries using LEGO Digital Designer, which is available for download via this link free of charge. Any entries made in LEGO Digital Designer should not show the baseplate from build mode. You may also create digital entries using third-party LEGO CAD software.
- You may use photo editing software and add visual effects to photos of your entry.
- Entries containing photos that are too dark or blurry will be removed from the contest. To ensure easy judging of your entry, we recommend taking pictures on a neutral background free from background clutter, with your model well framed.
- Please do not include people in pictures you submit. Photos containing people will be removed.
- Entries containing defamatory or degrading elements will not be eligible for the contest.
- Any cheating or harassment of other participants will result in disqualification from the contest.
- Your contest entries and comments on contest entries must follow the complete LEGO Ideas House Rules.
A panel of judges including members of the LEGO Extended Line team and LEGO designers will choose a grand prize winner and ten runner up winners based on:
- Overall coolness and originality: 25%
- Most inspired details: 25%
- Relevance to contest theme: 25%
- Best use of LEGO elements: 25%
The Fine Print
- You must be at least 13 years of age to participate and enter.
- You may submit multiple entries to the contest, but only one entry per person will be considered when winners are selected. This means you cannot win as a semi-finalist and as the grand prize winner with two different entries.
- Winners will be contacted on the email address associated with their LEGO ID account after February 20, 2018. Winners will be announced on LEGO Ideas when all winners have returned the signed Winner’s Certification Documents. A winner who does not return their Winner’s Certification Document within one week (5 days) of receiving it will be disqualified, and a new winner will be selected.
- Contest is not open to residents of Iran, North Korea, Myanmar/Burma, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Syria, any other U.S. sanctioned country and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- By entering the contest, you agree to follow the rules on this Contest Brief page and you agree to the LEGO Ideas Terms of Service.
One grand prize winner will receive:
The opportunity to have your model adapted into an exclusive LEGO Gift with Purchase set, a $250 LEGO shopping spree on Shop.LEGO.com, a collection of past exclusive Gift with Purchase sets, including: 40252 VW Mini Beetle, 40251 Mini Piggy Bank, 40253 Christmas Build Up 2017, 40254 Nutcracker, 30611 May the 4th 2017, 30607 Super Heroes Excl. GWP 17, 40220 London Bus, 40221 Fountain, 40222 Christmas Build-up and 40223 Snowglobe.
Ten runner up winners will receive:
A $125 LEGO shopping spree on Shop.LEGO.com,40251 Mini Piggy Bank, 40223 Snowglobe and 40253 Christmas Build Up 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, see the Contest Beta FAQ.