Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
The space probe Rosetta, built by the European Space Agency (ESA) and it's lander module Philae, performed the 12 november 2014 the first successful landing on a comet.
Launched on 2 March 2004, they succefully travelled together from earth to the Churyumov-Gerasimenko comet ("Tchouri"), thanks to the efforts of numerous european countries in an international scientific collaboration.
This world premiere was followed by millions of people around the world, making this event historical. Even if the mission suffered some technical issues, the data collected were so huge and so significant for a lot of scientific fields that scientists estimates that it will take several decades to analyze them.
Because of this huge advance for our understanding of comets, astronomy and science in general, I wanted to pay tribute to this great achievement that brought men & women together around a common project.
The Rosetta Probe was named after the Rosetta Stone, discovered in 1799 in Egypt.
Philae, the lander, is named after the Philae Obelisk.
Set features :
- Representation (not on scale) of the Rosetta Probe, the lander Philae and the comet "Tchouri"
- Minifigure of a scientist from the European Space Operations Centre (In Darmstadt, Germany) and his operation desk.