De Havilland DHC-2 Beaver
The De Havilland DHC-2 often called Beaver is probably the most famous and beloved bush plane ever built. With its distinct look, flight characteristics and sound it's instantly recognizable. It was produced from 1947 to 1967 by De Havilland Canada. Despite being out of production for many years now a lot of planes are still in use. If you want to find out more about the real plane click here.
Some of you may recognize this model since it's actually a resubmission of my older project. You can still see it here.
However more than a year after its first appearance it's back and even better than before. With the help of gabriele.zannotti I overhauled the model adding many more details and features. If you wish to view all pictures from above in full resolution then click here.
- True to original plane with details such as exhaust, floats, decorated cockpit, nice looking and fresh colour scheme, window prints on the fuselage, radial engine print, antennas and lights on the wings
- Retractable landing gear that folds into the floats
- Accessories namely first aid kit, a mail package, a letter ,a fuel canister, a safety buoy and a rope to tie up the plane
- A small piece of land with a wooden dock, a fir tree and an air sock
- 2 minifigures, a pilot and a hermit who lives in the wilderness with his dog
So what are you waiting for? Support and with some luck you can soon take your plane and deliver the hermit's mail into the wilderness!
This model was built in mecabricks and rendered using blender.
Special thanks to gabriele.zannotti for making the awesome pictures! It doesn't only need a good model to make a great project but also a cool way of presenting it. Make sure to check out his flickr account for more amazing images!
Thanks for checking out our project. Make sure to support, comment and share!