LotR Architecture - Orthanc
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
*Note: please check out the updates for more information about this project. Thanks :D*
This is the first of hopefully many more architectural Lord of the Rings (LotR) projects. My goal with these projects is to take the Architecture style scale of building and use it to create Middle-Earth landmarks/places.
About the Tower of Orthanc
For those who don't know, the tower of Orthanc is the home of the wizard, Saruman the White, head of the White Council. The different bases shown in the last 3 pictures shows when he was good, when he turns Isengard evil, and when the Ents come attack and cleanse Isengard.
Why did I choose Orthanc first? I honestly have know idea :D. But I decided that I wanted to make it, so I did the best I could to represent it. In the updates, I will be showing how the tower evolved to its final state as well as other tower designs I had, but were unsuccessful and why so.
If you guys have any questions or things that could be fixed/added, then please let me know in the comments. I will try my best to respond as son as I can and do value feedback. Also in the updates, I will be posting ideas for possible future projects in this series and other things as well. Defiantly check those out if you want more of how it was made. Please make sure to check out my other LotR projects as well:
- Sam's Hobbit Hole (https://ideas.lego.com/projects/105981)
- Race to Buckleburry Ferry (https://ideas.lego.com/projects/106146)
- The Prancing Pony (https://ideas.lego.com/projects/115733)
- The Doors of Durin (https://ideas.lego.com/projects/120523)
There are many who helped greatly in this project and I want to mention them.
- saabfan (https://ideas.lego.com/profile/saabfan/projects): thanks for the unending inspiration in your projects and especially in your amazing Hobbit Hole (https://ideas.lego.com/projects/117669) that was the catalyst behind me starting LotR Architecture.
- Anduin1710 (https://ideas.lego.com/profile/Anduin1710/projects): thanks for your advice and much more inspiration in your amazing LotR and Hobbit projects (especially his Barad-dur - https://ideas.lego.com/projects/116820).
- reekardoo (https://ideas.lego.com/profile/reekardoo/projects): thanks for your inspiration and advice as well. Defiantly check out reekardoo's projects, they are truly master pieces (especially the Grey Havens project - https://ideas.lego.com/projects/96034).
- legobeethoven (https://ideas.lego.com/profile/legobeethoven/projects): thanks for the great renders, couldn't have done it without you.
Thanks for your time! Remember to check out the updates and comment as well! I appreciate it! Thanks! ~toolmanjr320 :D