Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Astermine Belt Freighter
Blast off in the Astermine Belt Freighter, a brand-new space vessel designed for asteroid mining production. This craft, with its extremely durable hull and manoeuvring abilities, can navigate vast asteroid belts on its long distance interstellar voyage.
- Fully retractable landing gear system
- Twin 360-degree rotational thrust drives
- Rear-hinged access door
- Port-side access door
- Aloft emergency access hatch
- Aloft storage compartment
- Rotational defence turret
- Loading container bay (underside of craft)
The Freighter is approximately 40cm x 25cm x 14cm (L x W x H).
Set Also Includes:
6 x Minifigures, 1 x Loading Swivel Dumper, 1 x Maintenance Platform.
I thoroughly enjoyed this project. It is my first ever Lego Ideas submission and has taken me over four months to complete. I am extremely pleased with the outcome, considering how challenging it was building it!
The most complicated feature by far is the landing gear. It took me a long time to come up with a solution. The problem that I faced was designing a retractable landing gear system that was compact but could support the weight of the Freighter. To tackle this, I used three Lego Technic shock absorbers and an elastic band. The springs prevent the landing gear from retracting whilst lowered, meaning that the Freighter can stand up on its own.
Support, Follow and Share!
Any support would be much appreciated for this project! Please feel free to leave any comments or suggestions on how to improve the Freighter. Let me know what you like and what you don’t like – any feedback will really help!
I would also be extremely grateful if you could show your support by following and sharing this project.