This is a 1:76 scale model of SpaceX Falcon 9FT and Falcon Heavy together with (optionally transparent) payload fairing, Dragon and Dragon 2 spacecraft. It was designed to feature as many original features as possible and maintain the aspect ratio of individual components as closely as possible.
Currently, it is one of 3 Falcon designs available on LEGO Ideas. It does, however, have a few benefits over others.
- Each booster has a 6x6 footprint and is over one meter tall (with second stage and payload fairing) when assembled!
- F9 rockets are readily stackable to Falcon Heavy configuration
- Landing legs and grid fins are at the 45-degree to the main booster axis, just as in the original
- Dragon and Dragon 2 capsules have quite a few parts and could easily be packaged as separate sets
- The payload fairing provides generous space for some more satellite designs
I really hope you enjoy this one.
For comparison, please check out the competing designs:
Horizontal assembly F9