NASA Mars Mission (Early 2030's)
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Thanks so much for taking the time to view this project, as always please let me know of any projects you would like me to look at. As always, I will give my honest evaluation and vote if I like it and think it has potential as a set.
This set is twenty nine hundred and thirty seven total pieces.
I have completely overhauled the Shuttle, so as the rover now fits inside the shuttle without removing any wheels or parts. The two key hinge sections on the shuttle which access the shuttle compartment where the rover is kept, and the crew cockpit right above that, have been re-designed to seal off perfectly and lay flush. Meaning there is a flat tile piece under each compartment bottom plate.
You see the concept of landing a rocket vertical on the red planet, which has very thin air takes exact calculations. One mistake and the entire craft could explode. A million things could go wrong, and only one possible positive outcome if everything goes as planned.
The Rover is most important, as once the main shuttle lands, their location could be several miles away from the main base camp. Which in theory has already been setup by an early crew composed of just androids.
The long term goal on Mars, would be to find a large underground area where a main base could be setup, complete with a massive greenhouse etc.. Later planet Terraforming will most likely take place.
1. The Shuttle has a very unique twin hinged concept, which allows access into nose cone in front command center of shuttle, as well as the storage compartment which houses the Rover.
2. Also located in the storage compartment is a few computers etc..
3. The main rocket itself has a unique inner working of vertcial engines, as well as two massive tanks of fuel. One is green and the other is yellow. They store oxygen and methane, which makes up most of the interior of the main booster rocket. Basically all the fuel required for the trip to Mars.
4. This set has a four person crew, and the Rover which houses one up front in cockpit, and three in the back. The Rover now fits inside the shuttle without removing any wheels, as I completely overhauled this project. And I also rendered higher quality pictures etc..
5. The main shuttle connects to the main rocket at six points, and of course is totally detachable from main rocket. As far as my understanding of how it all works, the main shuttle would land vertically, and later could take back off, connect again with main rocket in orbit, and return back to Earth.
6. Vertical sleep chambers times four, as seen in last photograph. A cryogenic design for long space flight to Mars.
In closing I think this set has many playable features and would display very well. I think it would be a great learning tool for the next generation, so as to inspire them to want to explore Mars and space perhaps themselves one day. As I always say, the only limitations is one's imagination.