The Cuusoo Zoo
A modular zoo for the City range.
Each enclosure is part of a versatile system which can connect in various ways to make your own City Zoo!
The idea is for around 5 enclosures of 150-250 pieces each with a small section of path to connect each in different ways, as well as a small printed piece related to that enclosure's animal.
The LEGO animals already produced that could be used are;
Bear - See photo 5.
Camel - See photo 4.
Shark - See photo 4.
Ostrich - See photo 3.
Gorilla (Gorilla Suit Guy from Collectible Minifigures) - See photo 5.
Monkey (From Pirate theme and Collectible Minifigures)
Zebra (Painted Horse)
Scorpion - See photo 2.
Snake - See photo 2.
Turtle - See photo 4.
Spider - See photo 2.
Tiger (Tygurah from Orient Expedition)
Hyena (Painted Warg)
Above is a prototype for our Cuusoo Zoo Entrance and Butterfly House.
Below is a prototype for a Reptile House.
Minifigures could be;
Zoo keepers - 1 in each Enclosure set.
Suited Mascots - in larger sets (Lizard Suit and Gorilla Suit Guy).
Random City visitors - 2 in each set.
Zoo employees - Janitor, Ice Cream salesman, Ticket seller.
The photograph below shows a prototype for an Ostrich Enclosure.
Other Set ideas could be;
1. Entrance with Meerkat Cafe - small entrance building with outdoor cafe and Meerkat enclosure. See picture 1 - Meerkat Cafe not included in prototype.
2. Butterfly House - Exotic coloured plants and Butterflies. - Added 22nd Aug 2013: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adventuresinlego/9561215699/in/photostream/ - See picture 1
3. Carnivore Carnival - Medium sized Lion enclosure with small seating area, with inside the enclosure: a Hoop and Stand for a Lion Show.
4. Giraffe Nursery - A Mother Giraffe has just given birth! Could come with exclusive Zoo Veterinarian minifigure.
5. Feeding Time - A Bear is fed yummy Fish by a small stream. See picture 5.
6. Camel Rides - A small >100 piece set, Minifigs include 2 Children, 1 Parent and 1 Camel caretaker. Each camel could have a specially designed saddle. Comes with Palm tree. See picture 4.
7. Gorilla Island - A Gorilla Mother and Daughter on a hill, surrounded by a moat of water. Could include a truck tyre for play.
8. Aquatica - See picture 4.
9. Elephant Pond - An Elephant swimming and playing with a ball while visitors take photos.
10. Reptile House - As shown in picture 2.
11. Ostrich Enclosure - See picture 3.
12. Zoofari Train: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adventuresinlego/9182361679/in/photostream/#
13. Zoo Kiosk: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adventuresinlego/9063554380/
For other angled photos of the above 3 prototypes, please see my Lego Zoo Flickr Set http://www.flickr.com/photos/adventuresinlego/sets/72157632825573810/with/8...
Update: 6th April 2013 - More pics of the Aquarium posted on Flickr.
Update: 20th May 2013 - Added Gorilla Island section
Update: 22nd Aug 2013 - Added Butterfly House prototype
Above: The left prototype- Aquatica, is our latest prototype. The Aquarium glass dome is the helmet piece from the Toy Story Construct-a-Buzz set and fits perfectly with the archway above it.