Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
The Renewable Energy Retreat represents technology and design that I see and value in my local community and my hopes for educational opportunities for future generations.
Renewable Energy Retreat includes:
- Hot springs source with water piped to an outdoor shower and through the floor to heat the building
- Garden hose supplied with water reclaimed from the heating system and diverted from a ground water return
- Solar powered plant light with a swing-away arm over a raised garden bed with vegetables
- Efficient outdoor fireplace insert and an indoor pellet stove cooktop
- Dual purpose door that opens to become a teaching screen with rooftop camera feed of the wind turbine mechanics
Spin the wind turbine blades by engaging the gears with a twist of the center support column.
Slide food and compostable dishes from the dining counter down to the compost bin by extending the washer.
Shine a LEGO light brick through a chandelier with an eighth turn of the propeller backed switch.
*After years of being denied access to STEM educational opportunities with reasons summing to 'I am too much, or not enough,' I crafted Renewable Energy Retreat as a thank you for LEGO Elves, which felt like an invitation to develop my potential and that of my daughter in the realm of play.