Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
He shoots! He scores!! GOAL!!!
Hockey is a fast-paced and physical sport. First invented in Montreal, Canada in 1875, this game brings excitement into the chilly winter air. I crossed hockey with another fun game, pachinko, in my model. Pachinko is a game of luck mostly found in casinos, but my smaller hockey version is more for fun.
Some notes about the model...
- The model was built sideways, with obstacles and the net attached with technique elements and side studs.
- I used a solid white for the ice, and chose red for the walls to match the net and the obstacles and to provide a nice contrast to the ice..
- I tried to be as accurate as possible with the red and blue lines, to match a real hockey rink.
- The ball is launched with a Lego cannon. This mechanism pushes a piece which propels the ball up and around the walls and down the sloped rink.
- I used the Hockey Player minifigure from Series 4 to decorate my model.
- I rigged a 10x10 Lego net to be the back of the goal. After you score, the ball returns to a storage area at the bottom so you can play again!
I think this would make a great set because it isn't just a decoration. It is a fun model that is also a game with the excitement of hockey and the luck of pachinko. Please support and follow my model. Your feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks!