Castles and Catapults - 2 Player Game
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Catapults are coming!
It’s time to build and defend from the other players! castles and catapults is a 2-player game, the average game time is 10 mins. It’s a fast paced game of decisions, strategy and aiming skills!
Warning! this game is not suitable for very small children, however, it’s super fun for old enough children to 99 year old humans.
As the red team, you need to use your catapults to land catapult rocks inside the blue castle walls, to win, you need to land at least 6 catapult rocks, if you run out of catapult rocks, the opposite team wins.
As the blue team, to win, you need to successfully fend off the enemy, by building at specific locations, and using a defensive cannon! If the enemy runs out of rocks, the game is over and you win. If however you run out of cannon balls, then the opposite team wins.
There are also 4 edge markers on the map. Before each game the players must agree to where the edge markers are placed, this area is now the area where the red team can move around. Units knocked off outside the markers are considered out of the game for good.
Every game starts with the defending player then alternates to the attacking player. The playing field must 1st be empty and the 1st move of the attacking player must be to set up where he wants his units to be and cannot attack yet.
Each player takes turns in rolling the game cube as the game progresses, and each turn a player can only do 1 type of move if the game cube’s color represents the corresponding player’s turn.
The color of the side of the game cube that faces up will determine who can use a turn.
Blue - means blue player gets to use a turn
Red - means red player gets to use a turn
Blue and Red - means blue uses a turn, then red uses a turn. Blue always goes 1st.
This means rolling 2 blue consecutively, the blue player gets to use both his turns.
Each player has a special ability on what they can do.
The player can move a catapult unit (including its men), but the catapult cannot attack once the turn is used for moving. The player can move as many units as they wants, but only 1 per unit, per turn. (Catapults and knights move as one) - players can move all catapults if they wish in one turn.
The player can move a catapult unit, but the catapult cannot attack once the turn is used for moving. The player can attack as many units as he/she wants, but only 1 per unit, per turn. Players can attack all 4 catapults if they wish in one turn.
The defending player can either build one of 2 things, either the cannon tower (which will take 2 turns to build), or place 1 screen wall per turn (up to a maximum of 3 screen walls).
The defending player can also attack using its cannon tower to take out either the other player’s knights (disabling that catapult).
The red player can either move or attack but only once per turn, per unit.
The blue player can either build or attack but only once per turn, per unit.
For the red team to win, just shoot 6 catapult rocks inside the castle walls, or the blue team runs out of green cannon balls. The blue team, wins by either disabling all the catapults or their knights, or if the red team runs out of red catapult rocks.
Game level difficulty can changed by adjusting the number of catapult rocks needed to win.
Red team (attacker)
- 4 pcs. catapults - each catapult needs to have an accompanying knight, if the knight is taken out (toppled over) the catapult it is manning is considered disabled. The attacking player can shoot all 4 catapult per turn if he/she wishes.
- 4 pcs. knights
- 20 pcs. red catapult rocks - the amount of catapult rocks the attacking player has. When they run out (either inside the castle or not) they cannot be used again.
Blue team (defender)
- 1 pc. castle - attacking players need to aim for this spot and accumulate 6 catapult rocks inside the castle walls to win.
- 1 pc. cannon tower - players start off without a cannon tower and it takes 2 turns to fully build a cannon tower
- 10 pcs. green cannon balls - defending players can disable or attack catapults or their knights to render them useless. Run out of these and the attacking player wins the game.
- 3 pcs. screen walls - they can be placed anywhere and only up to a maximum of 3 screen walls can be built, if the screen wall falls down due to an attack, it will be discarded and returned to the defending player. Screen walls can be repositioned after the 3 screen walls are deployed.
Environment/ The rest
- 4 pcs. edge markers
- 1 pc. game cube -the color of the side of the game cube that faces up will determine who can use a turn. Blue side - means blue player gets to use a turn. Red side - means red player gets to use a turn. Blue and red side - means blue uses a turn, then red uses a turn.