Geeky Flower Pots - The Lord of the Rings
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
My wife is an avid gardener, so when we sat down and talked about doing something together, this project was born. She get her plants, I get my recreation of classic movie scenes. We both enjoyed the process of building the project immensely.
Pictured is the first flower pot in the series of our collaboration. It is based on a classic scene from Lord of the Rings.
I used a bonsai plant for the scene, because the thick stem and the exposed roots, but the beauty of this project is that anyone can go and find the plant that works best for the scene.
If you like this, please check out and support my other "Geeky Flower Pots" project:
Scene from Endor of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
Other classic movie scenes in consideration:
- the Simpsons, scene: Bart's treehouse
- the Simpsons, scene: Bart streaking on a skateboard
- Lord of the Rings, scene: Bag End
- Life of Pi, scene: boat landed on island
- jack and the beanstalk
(feel free to send in suggestions!)
Frodo and Sam are terrified and hiding behind the roots.
The black rider's vantage point.
A closer look on the soil containment
holes at the bottom to allow water to flow through