The Doors of Durin
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
“What does it mean by ‘Speak friend, and enter’?”
Picking up his staff he stood before the rock and said in a clear voice: “Mellon…The translation should have been: ‘Say “Friend” and enter’. I only had to speak the Elvish word for ‘friend’ and the doors opened.” ~Gandalf and Merry (Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Ring – Book 1, chapter 5)
Reenact the opening of the Doors of Durin, the gate into Moria. Solve the riddle on the door and say the password. With opening and closing doors and the two trees of holly on either side of the doors, there is all that is need for this scene. The trees can also collapse to block the doors and bring down rocks as well, leaving no choice but to journey through the dark halls of Moria.
This is the first of my planned series of projects for Moria. Other parts will include Balin’s Tomb, the Bridge of Khazad-dum, and many others. Please keep an eye out for them as well. Let me know if you have any other ideas of projects as well!
This set includes
- The Doors of Durin – they can open and close
- Two trees of holly – which can collapse to block the entrance and bring down rocks as well
- Removable top to allow easier access in fixing collapsed rocks
The minfigures in this project are:
- Gandalf – with staff, sword and cloak
- Sam – with cloak, frying pan and short sword
- Bill – the Fellowship’s faithful pony and Sam’s dear friend, with packs to carry
- Merry – with cloak and short sword
- Legolas – with bow and knife
Thanks for checking out my project and feel free to suggest new ideas or things I need to fix/add or anything like that. Be sure to check out my others:
- Sam’s Hobbit Hole (https://ideas.lego.com/projects/105981)
- Race to Bucklebury Ferry (https://ideas.lego.com/projects/106146)
- Inn of the Prancing Pony (https://ideas.lego.com/projects/115733)
Also, I please check out:
- Anduin1710 (https://ideas.lego.com/profile/Anduin1710/projects)
- saabfan (https://ideas.lego.com/profile/saabfan/projects)
- reekardoo (https://ideas.lego.com/profile/reekardoo/projects) They have inspired me a lot and have great projects as well! Be sure to check them out and support their awesome projects (especially their Lord of the Rings and Hobbit ones :D)
Thanks again for taking time to check this project out! Keep it up guys! :D