Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
On January 2, 2020, we will celebrate the 100th anniversary of one of the most famous Science-Fiction writers of the XXth century, Isaac Asimov !
This name may not tell you anything, and yet you necessarily know a little about this man ! Author of numerous short stories, science fiction books, crime novels, science books (nearly 500 books in total !), Isaac Asimov has profoundly influenced our modern societies, at levels that you can not even imagine.
If he speaks as well of literature as of history passing by the popularization of science, he is especially famous for his works of science-fiction. In particular two monuments started in the forties: "Fondation", still among the best-sellers of the SF, and the series of Robots, set of stories about the often conflicting relations between man and machine, which is no longer the monster revolting against its creator, as in traditional SF.
Father of modern science fiction, his work will influence generations of writers, directors (I-Robot), engineers, scientists, artists, roboticists ... And his innumerable questions about our relationship with scientific progress are more than ever relevant !
Accomplished theoretician of robotics, he gave us, among other things, the famous three laws of robotics :
1. A robot can not hurt a human being, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.
Because Isaac Asimov completely changed our vision of future, science, robots and modern society, it seemed obvious to pay homage to him by creating a dedicated set to his favorite subject : The Robots !
This set includes a 50s-style robot, completely in the spirit of the first representations of the Golden Age of Science-Fiction.
It can be detached from its base and can be articulated in several positions. It is about 800 pieces.