Barcelona - Architecture
Let me introduce you the iconic skyline of one of the most beautiful cities in the world: Barcelona.
Barcelona is a perfect mixture of architectural styles: neoclassicism, comtemporaneus and an unique style: catalan modernism, plenty of colouring and organic shapes.
The base of this Architecture set is a tribute to one of the most common decorative technique in catalan modernism: the trencadis (broken ceramic colour tiles attached chaotically with stucco).
It displays 6 constructions:
- Vila Olímpica: composed by 2 buildings and a bronce whale sculpture
- W Barcelona tower
- Plaza España: composed by 3 diferent builds: the 2 venecian towers, the 4 columns representing the flag of Catalonia, and the 1929 Barcelona International Exposition National Palace
- Montjuïc communications tower by Santiago Calatrava
- Glories tower inspired in the Sagrada Familia towers and iconic Montserrat mountains, near Barcelona.
- Casa Batlló by Antoni Gaudí. We cannot understand Barcelona without Gaudí. The complexity of this building: natural air cooling, exterior shapes, interior functionality, exclusive fornitures... is the greatest exponent of Catalan modernism.
This set contains 458 pieces.
By: @minilegostarwars, finest SW micro builds. Find and follow me on IG and FB for daily enjoying!