Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
- The fortress is built as a two-ring castle with a big defence tower. When enemies overcome the main wall, the inhabitants can withdraw into the inner ring and isolate this by raising the drawbridge at the defence tower. The defence tower has barred doors to the lakeside and to the inner ring as well. At the back of the defence tower, there is also a small landing stage for boats.
- The outer ring (the main wall) consists of three modules and has a large entrance. On one site, there is a bell tower to warn everyone about arriving enemies. The wall on the other site is modifiable by removing technic pins from inside the walls to make it breakable (e.g. by the dragon).
- From the top of the entrance, oil can be dumped over the enemies which are in front of the door.
- To get into the inner ring, one must go over a rock that contains a trap door directly into the jail. The trap door can be opened from the little tower next to it. For good access to the jail, the stone-wall with the lattice door can be completely opened.
- The defence tower module can also be opened by a rotatable wall. From within the defence tower, one can open or close the drawbridge. Additionally, there is a small weapon chamber and a storage room with table and chair. A crane is on the top that reaches from the inner courtyard to the front of the great hall till the boat landing stage. With this crane, one can also lift the working ballista (with shooter mechanism) to the top of the defence tower.
- The inner ring has two additional buildings (the great hall and the bower). Both buildings have a removable roof and are equipped (chairs, tables, a bed, etc.)
- The inner courtyard has a spring, a fireplace, two horse stables and the jail. For the training of the archers, there is also a straw man with a site disk.
- The six main modules are put together with technic pins such that they can be easily separated for better transport.
- The castle consists of 2996 parts (including everything).
- For an interesting play, the castle comes with 14 minifigures (Lord Vargo with 5 dragon soldiers), Lord Roderick with Paladin Sir Theodor and 4 falcon soldiers. And finally, a maidservant and a vassal.
- For the dragon attackers, there is a carriage with a pattering ram, a ladder, and a dragon in chains.
- For the falcons, Sir Theodor brings a carriage with the ballista.
- This castle is a real building. Already during the building phase, my children began to play with it. So, they acted also as my tester and helped me to improve it several times. After the castle also survived their friends (up to 5 children at once), I really can say that it's CHILD APPROVED.