Black Arrow Rocket (Minifigure Scale)
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
The Black Arrow was the UK's first orbital rocket. On the 28th October 1971, it delivered the Prospero satellite into low Earth orbit. The Lego recreation of the set includes:
- the first stage, powered by a Gamma-8 engine (so called as it has 8 rocket nozzles).
- the second stage, powered by a Gamma-2 engine (which has 2 nozzles).
- the small Waxwing solid rocket third stage.
- a Lego model of Prospero.
- the striking red payload fairing of the rocket.
- a Lego astronaut minifigure for scale.
I built the Black Arrow because I wanted to create a rocket from Lego which has not been created before. Not many people know about this rocket, so I wanted to enlighten others about it.
I think this would make a great Lego set as it has good display potential, and also has playability potential as the rocket stages are separable.