Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Introducing the ultimate LEGO castle! I have always been a huge fan of the various castle series that Lego has produced and have loved building my own lego castles. This is a design I came up with a few years ago but I recently decided to rebuild it for the purposes of submitting to the ideas group. It is a very large build, however if you review the pictures you will see that the back is wide open for accessibility. This model features multiple rooms and minifigures to allow several storylines for playing with the set. It contains three levels on the main structure and one of the towers can be separated into two pieces.
The main first level includes the following:
- A Blacksmith's area with a forge, worktable, and several tools
- The castle well with buckets and a chain down into the well
- The entrance hall
- The great hall with an ornate fireplace
- The keys to the dungeon hanging on an interior wall
The bottom of the left tower (when facing the front) includes the following:
- The castle dungeon - which is currently occupied by a simple peasant who has fallen in love with the King's daughter. He is only fed bread and water and spends his days chained to the wall. Unless of course he has made a secret deal with the blacksmith! The cot in the dungeon lifts up, and stored underneath is a hammer that the wily prisoner is planning to use in his escape. There is a section of wall at the bottom of the tower that is removable. The prisoner has been slowly chipping away to make his escape.
The great hall also features a tribute to the history of the lego castle series. Several shields are on display to showcase some of the sets of the past. How many do you recognize?
The second level features the following:
- The throne room with the King
- A hallway closely guarded by the castle knights
- The treasure room, which holds all the castle riches
Above the dungeon in the left tower is the Princess's room. She is guarded 24/7 and locked inside.
The right tower (when facing the front) houses the powerful wizard with his potions and crystals. Everyone knows the Wizard has his own tower in the castle, but do they also know he can spy on those in the great hall by swinging the tapesty aside?
The top level includes the following:
- Battlements for the knights to hide behind when defending the castle
- A guard shack to store equipment or take breaks in
This set comes with 9 minifigures:
I hope you enjoy all the adventures this set has to offer! I plan to post some updates with additional pictures soon.