Tesla Model S [1:16 Scale]
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
This is the Tesla Model S, rendered in 1:16 scale.
Here's a short YouTube video about this build
The model is 12” (30cm) long, 5.5” (14cm) wide, and 3.5” (9cm) high.
- Hood opens to reveal frunk (front trunk), with included suitcase
- Swooping roofline with panoramic sunroof
- Front doors open
- Front door handles slide out and in
- Front seats recline
- Front center armrests slide back to reveal cup holders
- Rear hatch opens
- Optional 3rd row children’s seat folds out
- Custom decals on front, sides, rear, and interior
- And, just like the real car, it doesn't burn a drop of gasoline!
I wanted to make a Model S that is both nice to look at and very playable. I have an 8-year-old son who I wanted to be happy playing with this as much as I was looking at it on the shelf. I estimate it as having around 700 pieces, but optimization could probably reduce that somewhat. Also, while I like the Model S in gray as shown, red would be another great color for it to be offered in.
The Tesla Model S is an amazing car, and it deserves a proper LEGO model. Please consider adding your support so LEGO will bring us one. And, if this project gets 1,000 votes, I will add a Tesla Supercharger (charging station) to the set.
Thank you! :-D