Tesla Model S [1:16 Scale]
This is the Tesla Model S, rendered in 1:16 scale.
Here's a short YouTube video about this build
The model is 12” (30cm) long, 5.5” (14cm) wide, and 3.5” (9cm) high.
- Hood opens to reveal frunk (front trunk), with included suitcase
- Swooping roofline with panoramic sunroof
- Front doors open
- Front door handles slide out and in
- Front seats recline
- Front center armrests slide back to reveal cup holders
- Rear hatch opens
- Optional 3rd row children’s seat folds out
- Custom decals on front, sides, rear, and interior
- And, just like the real car, it doesn't burn a drop of gasoline!
I wanted to make a Model S that is both nice to look at and very playable. I have an 8-year-old son who I wanted to be happy playing with this as much as I was looking at it on the shelf. I estimate it as having around 700 pieces, but optimization could probably reduce that somewhat. Also, while I like the Model S in gray as shown, red would be another great color for it to be offered in.
The Tesla Model S is an amazing car, and it deserves a proper LEGO model. Please consider adding your support so LEGO will bring us one. And, if this project gets 1,000 votes, I will add a Tesla Supercharger (charging station) to the set.
Thank you! :-D