Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
I hope that you like my creation and I know it is not a patch on some of the great ideas shown on this website but it reminds me of many, many weekends spent in Garden Centres, Furniture Shops or DIY shops as a child.
I have also created this in part to immortalise my father (the male customer) who has now sadly passed away as well as my Nephew’s first job in a Garden Centre (I have put him behind the paying in desk)
The set features:
- A Garden Centre Shop complete with a Payment station
- Benches outside the shop
- A greenhouse complete with indoor plants
- An Outdoor plants table complete with plants
- Empty Planters
- Palm Trees/Exotic Trees
- A Fork Lift Truck to carry the trees to your car
- Staff and Customers
All sitting on a 32 x 32 baseplate with a tree lined driveway and a 16 x 32 baseplate with a mosaic driveway
The Garden Centre shop has a removable roof where you can also purchase:
- Hand Trucks
- Lawn Mowers
- Wheel Barrows
- Garden Lights
- Pumpkins (Items could be included so that the user can set up the shop depending on the season)
Tiles with stickers could also be added to mimic soil, fertiliser, etc
I thought that this set could be added to the Lego City family and can confirm that it is not based on a specific place but that it is generic.
The set is currently made from aprox 500 parts and the following could be added to increase the number of parts in the set or the size if required:
- Parking with or without customer and staff vehicles
- Café and a larger shop which contains a gift shop – (Lots of Garden Centres in the UK have these now days)
- Water features e.g water fountains
- Wishing Well
The name of the Garden Centre is currently ‘LegoLand’ (as this is the only name brick I had) but a name could be invented and included as a sticker.
All of the parts are taken from the Lego Family with some newer than others (I think that the forklift was originally from the Classic Space family and only inserted it as a way of moving the trees)
Thanks for looking and please feel free to provide feedback/support (but please be gentle as I know it is more basic than others on here but was done with younger children in mind)