Bicycles! One of the most common forms of transportation on Earth, with more than 1 billion in existence and over 50 percent of the human population regularly riding bicycles. You can now build your own bicycle with 950 authentic LEGO bricks (including bike stand and accessories)!
This model features:
- Sturdy bike frame
- Comfortable saddle
- Working drivetrain
- Half chain guard
- Realistic pedal and crank arm
- Functional freewheel mechanism
- Working pneumatic front and rear disc brakes
- Adjustable handlebars
- Spring loaded kickstand
- Bike bell
- Bike light
- Realistic spoke wheel
- Rear bike rack
- Bike GPS
- Drink bottle rack
- Rear deflector
- U lock
- Bike stand
As the whole world strives towards renewable energy, we could all do some cycling towards a more sustainable future. Riding bicycles releases no greenhouse gas emissions and is one of the most environmentally friendly means of transportation. It is also an extremely fun way to exercise.
This Model has a very good balance between technic and system bricks. When I designed the model, my main goal was to capture all of the mechanical functions of a real bicycle, including the drivetrain, front/rear brakes and working freewheel. It was very challenging, especially making the bike frame sturdy enough to hold the rest of the model. Nonetheless, I am extremely satisfied with the end-product and flawless riding mechanism. I cannot wait to share this build with the rest of the LEGO community.
I believe that this working bicycle model appeals to a vast audience, ranging from curious young kids to nostalgic adults. This build is the perfect size for a display model. With less than 1000 pieces, it is also the perfect medium set for LEGO newcomers, both in terms of price and building experience.
Thank you for showing interest in my project! I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do. Please support me by sharing with your friends and family. Let's all go biking together!
Also, some more fun facts about bicycles!
- Top 5 countries where bike riding is the most common form of transportation: 1 Netherlands; 2 UK; 3 Denmark; 4 Germany; 5 Sweden.
- More than 100 years after the first bicycle was introduced to China, China now has over half a billion bicycles.
- 40% of all Amsterdam’s commutes are via bicycles.
- The most bicycle-friendly city in the world is Copenhagen.
- The United States is the home of over 400 cycling clubs.