The Cube Tree
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
When I discovered that 3 LEGO parts made a perfect cube (one 2x2 plate, one 2x2 brick and one 2x2 tile) I started with the idea to create a large cube of cubes.
The idea was born. I made several designs in LDD.
A must was that the base was not larger than the top of the loudspeakers I have (B&W DM16, made in the 1980-ish)
The design of 3x3x3 cubes was larger than the top of the loudspeakers, so I created *The Cube Tree*
In total 40 *open* cubes supported by transparant plates (1x1) and bricks (1x1) are used in this.
The Base and the supporting stem.
The small red-white-blue cube could be seen as:
- The Dutch Flag (Netherlands)
- A fruit/seed fallen from the tree
layer 2 and 3 cubes: Dark Stone Gray (4x), Bright Blue (4x), Bright Yellow (4x) and Bright Red (1x)
Added layer 3 and 4,: in layer 3 are the 4 black cubes. In layer 4 are the 4 yellow, the 4 red and 1 medium-stone-grey