Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
This is an ornamental set designed to celebrate the inspirational success of the film Cool Runnings.
- Minifigures representing the main characters: Derice Bannock, Sanka Coffie, Junior Bevil, Yul Brenner and Irving "Irv" Blitzer
- The iconic bobsleigh
- Three small recreated elements from the film including the mirror and lamp from Junior and Yul’s “I see pride, I see power” scene, the hanging picture of Irving with Derice’s father in Mr Coolidge’s office, Sanka’s lucky egg and the money Junior obtained from selling his father’s car.
- Palm tree and Fir tree, each representing the countries of Jamaica and Canada respectively. These are a gentle nod to the scene in the film which depicts a plane carrying the team taking off in Jamaica and landing in Canada, both airport runways depicting a single tree in the foreground of the scene.
The ‘Cool Runnings’ film logo recreated in colourful Lego bricks.
I grew up watching this film, and after recently re-watching it as an adult I came to appreciate again its true brilliance. As Cool Runnings contains so many memorable lines, great music, likeable characters and scenes, I found myself realising that any Lego set representing this film could be loaded with instantly recognisable features - and a lot colour. Moreover the film embodies the spirit of teamwork, and I was keen to attempt to convey this aspect in the set with all the figures standing side by side.