Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
The NASA Apollo 17 Mission out of Lego!
This project will be presented in September 2016 at BrickJournal magazine # 41, as part of a special edition about space! :-)
Recreate at a minifigure-scale (1:40), the whole Apollo 17 Moon landing with all its features and glory.
Fly the flag of the United States.
Analyze the moon surface.
After that take a ride with the Moon buggy to explore the Moon landscape.
Finally it is time to say good bye to the Moon and fly back to Earth.
- The Lunar Module LM:
It has 718 bricks and full interior with control devices, a seat and much more.
On the exterior it has many moveable antennas, an exit door and a playability access to the inside.
The landing gear is retractable and there is also some storage room for the
Lunar Rover and research equipment.
- The Control Module CM:
It has 527 bricks and includes seats for all three astronauts, dashboard with control computers, detailed interior with oxygen tanks, four playability access doors and open able entrance/exit port for the astronauts.
- The Lunar Rover Vehicle LRC:
It is built out of 100 bricks and has working steering, two foldable seats for the astronauts, TV-camera, steering-joy-stick and holders for research devices.
- The Service Module SM:
This version out of Lego pieces has 488 bricks.
It can be attached to the CM.
Furthermore it features a playability access to the technical area and film storage.
- The crew:
It includes five minifigures: all three astronauts: Ronald Evans, Eugene Cernan and Harrison H. Schmitt in flying suits (in the CM) and Eugene Cernan + Harrison Schmitt in space suits (on the Moon Buggy)
- The stand:
Is built out of 288 bricks.
You can put the CSM on it.
It also includes a small piece of Moon surface with rocks and craters.
- Information booklet: The set will also include a booklet with interesting information about the Apollo 17 mission here: http://whatsuptoday.free.fr/Mission-Apollo-17/ebooklet/english/Mission_Apollo_17.html
- Some HD pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/129688999@N08/15719290278/in/album-72157669148093185/
Please support, comment and share!
Thanks for checking out our project!
I hope you like it!