Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Exposure to radioactive waste has caused ordinary brown spiders to grow to tremendous size, spurring them on a mindless rampage through downtown Corman! They must be stopped!
Entomologist Dr. Alan Crawshaw has hatched a plan to stop them. Using a specially devised mixture of spider pheromones, he will lure the beasts into the valley and when they are in place, the Army will blow the old dam, flooding the valley and drowning the creatures once and for all! But the debris-strewn streets between there and his lab are a dangerous place, especially with a giant mutant spider on the loose. Can he make it there in time?
- Giant mutant spider (semi-articulated, with glow-in-the-dark eyes)
- Ruined nuclear waste disposal site (with waste barrel)
- Ruined police car
- 2 normal-sized spiders
- Doctor Alan Crawshaw (with pheromone formula)
- Soldier (with dynamite and plunger detonator)
- Policeman (with pistol)
Inspired by vintage giant-insect creature features such as THEM! and The Beginning of the End. I deliberately gave the spider model only a limited amount articulation in order to mimic the noticeable rigidity of the cheaply produced monster props in these sorts of films. And yeah, I know spiders aren't actually shaped like that, but it's a mutant spider. A mutant spider from a B-movie, so anatomical inaccuracy is only to be expected.
Also check out these other retro science fiction sets: