Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
LEGO Technic Seaplane. I have been researching this for a couple of weeks and over the previous two weeks I have had a chance to build this over a few sessions. Overall I would have spent around 25 hours on the building / improving process and many hours prior to this researching and designing this MOC.
My LEGO Technic Seaplane MOC features:
- Front mounted 4 cylinder engine which is connected to the front propeller.
- Moving rudder. This is controlled via side to side movement on the control stick.
- Moving elevators. These are controlled via front to back movement on the control stick.
- Adjustable flaps. These are independently controlled for left and right via two levers inside the cabin.
- Dual purpose skids, with wheels for "on ground" landings.
This is the largest MOC I have built, both size wise and the time commitment for the design and build process. I am really happy with how well this has worked out and it sits well in my LEGO Technic plane collection.
Following some feedback I have now made some changes to this MOC. I have changed the mounting beams of the floats to remove the bottom beams, they are also now connected differently to the bottom of the plane. I have added a black stripe along the side of the cabin and rear section. I have also made some other changes to the body work in places.