Why i built it?
In recent years, the wildfires have become longer and more severe. The fire fighting crew have to work in tougher and more dangerous scenarios of blaze and smoke. Aerial firefighting becomes crucial for fast and efficient response. As a fan of rescue helicopters, I build this LEGO set to give my gratitude and honour the bravery of all fire fighting members, air crew and aircraft maintenance staff all over the world.
What is my model?
The Bell 412EP is a multi-mission helicopter. The belly mount fire tank can carry 360-gallon of water and can be filled by a water snorkel. It performs mountain and blue-water rescues with the hoist, stretcher and search light. It provides medical evacuation (MEDEVAC) by carrying patients to hospitals from remote areas. It supports night operations with the Night Vision Googles (NVG) compatible cockpit.
As of October 2022, the LACoFD Air Operations Section (AOS) consists of 9 helicopter pilots and 18 firefighters/paramedics. For each 24-hour duty shift, a minimum of 3 ‘Regional Air Squads’ (RAS) report at Barton Heliport. They provide 24/7 rapid and long range emergency services for over 10 million residents.
My Bell 412EP Helicopter (LACoFD Air Ops Edition) consists of 1324 pieces including a 3-member RAS (Pilot, Crew Chief Paramedic and Rescue Paramedic). The following features are included to emulate all Bell 412EP’s missions:
Aerial Firefighting Mission:
- ‘Snorkel Tube’ and ‘Snorkel Head’ are included
- ‘Wildfire Base’ and ‘Water Drop Effect’ are included (combine as ‘Wildfire Display Stand’)
Search and Rescue Mission:
- A rescue hoist is attached to the right fuselage
- A Lego string with stud is included as hoist cable
- A ‘Hoist Control’ and a neck bracket harness are included
- A rescue torch is included
- A rescue stretcher is included
MEDEVAC, Trooping and Night Mission:
- 2 seats are included for paramedic staff
- A stretcher can be put on cabin floor for MEDEVAC
- A searchlight (360’ rotation, tilt up / down) is attached under the cockpit
- Night Vision Googles (NVG) are included on each helmet
Other Helicopter Features:
- The top parts of cockpit, crew cabin and engine can be removed to show the interior
- The cockpit doors can be opened, closed and even jettisoned
- The cabin jump doors can be opened or closed
- Sliding doors are installed on both side of the cabin
- Flashing lights and speakers are installed on the landing gear
- Anti-Collision Light (ACL) is installed on the tail boom
Why i believe it would make a great LEGO set?
It will be the perfect gift for people and families working in the emergency response units and those who are interested in aerial firefighting, helicopters and rescue services all over the world.
It is fun building your own Bell 412EP helicopter. You can be the Bell 412EP pilot performing water drop actions and hoist rescue missions. You can even put a light source inside the fire bricks to emulate the wildfire! It would be nice watching the Bell 412EP on the display stand as an aircraft model.
Thank you for your time and I hope you may like my Bell 412EP Helicopter (LACoFD Air Ops Edition).
If you wanna give your gratitude to firefighters, please share and support my Aerial Firefighting Helicopter projects:
Sikorsky S-70A Firehawk Fire Fighting Helicopter (With Bambi Bucket)
Sikorsky S-70A Firehawk Helicopter (LACoFD Air Ops Edition)
Sikorsky S-70i Firehawk Helicopter (LACoFD Air Ops Edition)