Mining Shovel - CAT 6020B Replica
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Engine Module DetailsOn
Hello, in this update I'd like to give some more detail on the power unit for the shovel. Inside there are three main assemblies: the cooler, the hydraulic pumps, and the most detailed item: the engine. Vents are built into the walls to allow plenty of ventilation, and it allows a view to the details of the engine and hydraulics.
I tried to include many of the details from a large diesel engine, as shown below. I find that the variety of colors used on the engine help to give it some depth and make the details more distinctive.
1st Update - Additional ViewsOn
First, thanks for all the great comments and support so far!
In this first update, I wanted to provide some additional views. I realized my first submission did not include views of the back or center of the machine, so I've added couple today.
- REAR VIEWS: The views from the rear show the counterweight section, rear handrails, rear lights, and vents in the engine house.
- CENTER SECTION: I also added a couple of pictures to show the hydraulic lines connecting to the attachment. Here you can see various hydraulic filters, valves, and tubes.
Also, for more information on the real machine, I invite you to check it out here:
- On the Caterpillar website, there is a cool 360-degree view:
- This youtube video of the machine is especially great:
CHECK BACK AGAIN FOR THE NEXT UPDATE: I'll show more detail on the engine and hydraulics!