Mining Shovel - CAT 6020B Replica
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Thanks for taking a moment to view this project!
This model is a replica of the new Caterpillar 6020B hydraulic mining shovel. The intent was to create a minifig scale model that would match the look of the real thing from most angles.
- Bucket and linkage can be reconfigured to different positions, including parked, digging, lifting, and dumping.
- The model includes a V engine, hydraulics, and radiator in the engine module. The walls have real vents that allow you to view the engine inside!
- The operator cab has a seat for an operator and seat for a trainer or observer. An HVAC unit is included on the back of the cab and a fire extinguisher is in easy reach just outside.
- Minifigs can access the model on the retractable stairway. Ladders are also provided on the right side and beneath the cab walkway.
- Railings are provided around the shovel for minifig safety!
- 39 cm long x 24 cm wide x 23 cm tall (as shown in main picture).
- Model is over 1300 pieces.
- Modular design makes for easy subassembly of the pieces.