You need to be logged in to do that...
Before you can vote for cool new LEGO sets, or submit your own you'll need to sign in with or register for a LEGO ID:
Sign in with ?
You're currently signed in to LEGO ID as . Would you like to sign in to LEGO Ideas with this LEGO ID?
LEGO Ideas is designed for older builders. We’re sorry, but based on the birth date we have on file for you, this means we can't let you have an account here.
Instead, we think you'll like the LEGO.com Create and Share Galleries as a place to share your models with other LEGO builders like you.
Thank you all for a great first week on LEGO Ideas! Our team is busy catching up on approving new projects, and we’re working on small fixes and improvements uncovered since launch.
Before diving into responses to your questions about changes on LEGO Ideas, I’d first like to give a huge shout-out to our development team! These world class men and women engineered a system that migrated the entire LEGO CUUSOO activity history over to LEGO Ideas, writing 6.3GB of data to our database, and importing and converting about 400,000 images, totaling almost 39GB. The migration brought over…
- 578,668 User Profiles
- 283,008 Avatars
- 60,173 Projects (including drafts)
- 227,768 Comments
- 283,903 Comment “Likes”
- 1,438,537 Supports for Projects
…and 174,559 Friendships :-) (when people follow one another). WOW!
Changes on LEGO Ideas
A wise person once said, “The only constant in life is change,” and a wise minifig once said, “I know that sounds like a cat poster, but it’s true.” LEGO Ideas brings a few changes from the LEGO CUUSOO open beta; some have been warmly accepted, and others slightly less so. Here’s our response to your most prevalent comments and questions:
- LEGO Ideas is built using responsive design and re-formats when you are on a desktop, tablet or mobile phone. You can submit projects from a desktop or tablet, but not from a smartphone, as our experience has shown projects submitted on smartphones are of much lower quality (spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc).
If you experience any issues with the site (for example challenges on different devices), please send a description of what you experience along with as much information as you have (screenshots, operating system, browser, device, and version information) to us at support.ideas@LEGO.com, and we’ll forward this to our development team to investigate.
- Video links now appear embedded automatically when you include a YouTube video URL into your project. We feel this adds to project pages since many of you like to create video promo reels of your projects. Just remember that the videos must comply with our Project Guidelines and House Rules for your project to be approved. Some projects that were migrated from LEGO CUUSOO included hyperlinks to videos in the middle of a sentence, and those have unfortunately generated some formatting issues. If that has happened to your project, please write us at support.ideas@LEGO.com and our team will clean up the video placement in your project as we’re able.
- Projects are now given one year to reach 10,000 supporters in order to create urgency, enthusiasm, and raise the bar to be considered as a potential LEGO product. The LEGO Review Board creates a business case for each project in Review. We’ve set the one-year benchmark to show there is sufficient demand to invest (time, money, people resources, and market priority) in producing a LEGO product. As a project creator, we encourage you and your fans to get out there and promote your project so it reaches 10,000 supporters within a year.
- Projects can no longer be edited, only updated. On LEGO CUUSOO, you could edit your project as much as you like. Some members went so far as to change their projects entirely, all while keeping their supporters. This made the project’s original supporters unhappy, and made it impossible for us to determine exactly what the supporters counted toward.
Going forward, you can no longer edit your project, as it is a proposal for a potential LEGO product, and we must ensure the concept you are asking people to support doesn’t change its nature throughout the process. Therfore we encourage you to take time and submit your very best images, and thoroughly proofread and edit your project before submitting. For former LEGO CUUSOO members we know this will take some time to get used to, but if you want to improve upon or refine your work, please do so in the Updates tab.
Note: If you have projects brought over from LEGO CUUSOO with formatting issues, such as awkwardly-placed embedded videos or outdated mentions of “LEGO CUUSOO” you may contact us to make very limited edits, at our team’s sole discretion, as priority allows: support.ideas@LEGO.com. We will not edit new projects on your behalf.
- Clutch Power (which includes both your points and badges) is awarded going forward. Since Clutch Power is new to LEGO Ideas, your past activities on LEGO CUUSOO don’t count toward your Clutch Power - unless your project reached 1k, 5k, or 10k supporters of course, as that’s a really big deal. Our team will add these badges to project owners’ profiles in the coming weeks.
Both our community and development teams are already improving LEGO Ideas based on your input. We’ve noted your other questions and concerns not addressed here, and we’ll respond as the need and priority allows. Launching LEGO Ideas as a complete LEGO brand experience is the LEGO Group’s commitment to innovating on products with you, and we’re looking forward to where we go together. If you have any feedback or challenges, please write us at support.ideas@LEGO.com.Read post
All right! The first LEGO Review deadline of the new LEGO Ideas platform is now upon us! Earlier this morning (12:00 a.m. GMT to be exact) the deadline passed for projects to qualify for the First 2014 LEGO Review. Click here for more information on the LEGO Review and how it works
Congratulations to the six qualifying project creators for this review period (insert YAY here)! Here are the qualifiers for the First 2014 LEGO Review:
Winter 2014 Review Results Coming Soon
Throughout this winter and early spring, the LEGO Review Board has been hard at work determining the results of the Winter 2014 LEGO Review. Expect to see results from that in the coming weeks. You know you want to!
The Second 2014 LEGO Review Deadline is September 1st.
Projects that reach 10,000 supporters by 12:00 a.m. GMT September 1st will be included in the Second 2014 LEGO Review. Every project over the next four months that you help reach 10k will be reviewed and considered as a potential LEGO product, so get busy and good luck!Read post
Today we are happy to invite you to join LEGO Ideas; a continuation of the former LEGO CUUSOO experience, more closely integrated with the LEGO experience online.
In the fall of 2008, CUUSOO Systems and the LEGO Group teamed up to launch the LEGO CUUSOO crowdsourcing experiment. Initially, the site was only available in Japanese. But the promising results from the pilot led to the launch of the international LEGO CUUSOO beta site in the fall of 2011. The LEGO Group is very happy to announce that the partnership with CUUSOO Systems, has been such a success that we have decided to integrate the CUUSOO concept more closely into the LEGO experience called LEGO Ideas. We are grateful for the many years of collaboration and experimentation between our two companies and wish CUUSOO Systems continued success, building CUUSOO as an open crowdsourcing platform for brands to connect with their fans on cuusoo.com.
All projects, supports, comments, profiles, and other data from LEGO CUUSOO have been automatically migrated to LEGO Ideas. You can sign in to LEGO Ideas with a LEGO ID, find your old LEGO CUUSOO account, and connect to it after clicking a confirmation link we will send you via email. You will need access to the email address associated with your LEGO CUUSOO account in order to access your old profile and projects on LEGO Ideas.
The LEGO CUUSOO domain will redirect to LEGO Ideas for 6 months. During that time, this blog will remain online as an archive and links to your projects on LEGO CUUSOO will automatically redirect to your project pages on LEGO Ideas. We recommend you update links to your projects because after November 1, 2014, all links to LEGO CUUSOO will stop redirecting.
What’s different on LEGO Ideas?
- Your project now has one year from the day you post it to reach 10,000 supporters. Projects that don’t reach 10,000 supporters within 365 days of being posted will automatically expire and no longer accept new supporters. If this happens, you’re welcome to re-submit the project and work to gain 10,000 fresh supporters again within a one year period. Projects carried over from LEGO CUUSOO will keep their existing supporters and have until May 1st, 2015 to qualify.
- If you are between 13-18 years old you can now create and submit projects. If your project reaches 10,000 supporters, we will require written permission from a parent or legal guardian before your project is considered in the LEGO Review.
- Introducing “Clutch Power.” As you participate on LEGO Ideas, you will earn points and badges that become your "Clutch Power". The more you support, share, or create, the higher your Clutch Power points will be, and the more badges you will earn.
Other Guidelines Changes
From time to time we may update the Project Guidelines and House Rules; here are a few other notable updates on LEGO Ideas:
- Projects can no longer be edited after you submit them. However you’re welcome to add updates to your project to refine or improve the initial concept. These appear in the new Updates tab.
- We no longer allow mockups of LEGO product boxes (“box art”) or marketing materials in your images. Mocked-up box art confuses people into thinking your project is something they can buy right now.
- You may only submit images which belong to you. This means no images created by others online, for example screen shots from a movie or TV show.
What you see today on LEGO Ideas is just the beginning. Over time, we are looking forward to adding new ways for you to participate with us in co-creating LEGO products together on LEGO Ideas.
LEGO Ideas Team